Office: DoMS 205
Phone: (+91) 44 2257 4576(W) ; (+91) 44 2257 6576 (H)
M: (+91) 96000 56836
- PhD*, Operations Research, Indian Statistical Institute, India (2002)
- M. Phil, Operations Research, University of Hyderabad, India (1992)
- M. Sc, Statistics and Operations Research, University of Hyderabad, India(1991)
- B. Sc, Mathematics, Physics and Electronics, Osmania University, India (1989)
*Ph.D Dissertation Title: Symmetric Traveling Salesman Problem: Some New Insights
Area of Interest
- Quantitative Models in Supply Chain Management., Combinatorial Optimization, Mathematical Programming
- "Impact of Retailer Competition on Manufacturer’s Decisions and Profits at Equilibrium", with Parshuram Hotkar, International Game Theory Review, Vol. 15, No. 04, 2013
- “Threshold Incentives and Sales Variance", with Milind Sohoni, Sunil Chopra, and Nuri Sendil, Production and Operations Management, July/August 2011, Volume 20, Issue 4, pp.571-586.
- “Threshold Incentives over Multiple Periods and the Sales Hockey Stick Phenomenon ", with Milind Sohoni, Achal Bassamboo, Sunil Chopra, and Nuri Sendil, Naval Research Logistics, 2010, Volume 57, Issue 6, pp 503-518.
- “Outsourcing of Front-End Business Processes: Quality , Information and Customer Contact”, with Balakrishnan, Karthik and Seshadri, Sridhar, Journal of Operations Management,Volume 26, Issue 2, March 2008, pp 288-302. doi: 10.1016/j.jom.2007.08.001
- “The importance of decoupling recurrent and disruption risks in a supply chain ”, with Chopra S. and Reinhardt G, Naval Research Logistics, Volume 54, Issue 5, August 2007, Pages 544-555.doi: 10.1002/nav.20228.
- “Impact of Avian Influenza on the Poultry Supply Chain in India”, with Viswanadham, N and Prachi Trika., International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 2009 - Vol. 5, No.1/2 pp. 89 - 105.
- “On the Equivalence of the Multistage-insertion and Cycle-shrink formulations of the Symmetric Traveling Salesman Problem”, with Arthanari T. S. , OR Letters, 29(2001)pp 129-139
- “An Alternate Formulation of the Symmetric Traveling Salesman Problem and its properties”, with Arthanari T. S., Discrete Applied Mathematics, 98(2000), pp 173-190.
- “A Credit Scoring Model for Microfinance: Case Study from India”, with Srikant Menon, Accepted for publication in Proceedings of the “Inclusive Financial Innovation Making Finance and Insurance Markets Work for the Poor " workshop organized XLRI, 2012.
- “Impact of Avian Influenza in the Indian Poultry Industry: A Supply Chain Risk Perspective” with Viswanadham, N and Prachi Trika, in Achieving Rural and Global Supply Chain Excellence- The Indian Way edited by N. Viswanadham; ISB GLAMS Research Publications, 2006.
- Associate Professor, Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras, July 2013 onwards
- Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras, July 2010 – July 2013
- Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, University of Hyderabad, 2007-2010.
- Researcher, Indian School of Business, 2002-2007.
- IIT Madras- Doctoral Level – Designed the courses: Inventory Models in Supply chain Management, Multivariate Methods for Social Scientists
- IIT Madras- Post Graduate Level MBA Core: Data Analysis for Management, Business Research Methods. MBA Elective: Operations Research Applications, Advanced Data Analytics for Management- (Designed the course)
- IIT Madras-Undergraduate Level Fundamentals of Operations Research- OR Minor
- University of Hyderabad- For M.Sc students Linear Programming, Elements of Probability and Statistics, Nonlinear Programming, Simulation, Operations Management (Designed the course)
Awards and Honours
- APORS, M.N. Gopalan Award for best doctoral thesis in Operations Research (2003)
Research on Progress
- Varun Jain ( MS Student): Health Care Operations Research- Scheduling of Multi-category patients at a multiple Diagnostic resource center.
- Venkata Prasad Palakiti( Ph.D ) – a. Integrated Production and Distribution Systems- Supply Chain Scheduling b. Improvement of Supply Chain Performance using Negotiation . c. Order management using Revenue Management Techniques in MTO environment.
- Sivaramakrishnan(MS student)- Approximation Algorithms for Pick up and Delivery problems
- Rupesh Agarwal( MS Student)- Design of Food Supply Chains for improving Food Security.
- Sujatha Babu (Ph.D.) - Modeling Public Health Insurance In Large Populations As An Evolutionary Game
- Awarded Socially Relevant Project for “Improving Supply Chain Security for Food Security”, worth INR 2.5 Lakhs. March 2013 for a period of one year.
- Collaboration with Decision Sciences and Algorithms group, TCS for Order Processing and Prioritizing in MTO environments. Ongoing since March 2012.
- GM funded research project on designing of global sourcing networks Co investigators: Professor N. Viswanadham and Dr. S. Kameshwaran, ISB and Dr. Ravi Kumar , GM ISL
- MS - Parshuram Hotkar, 2012, Game theory approaches to study Incentive structures in Supply Chain Management.
- Dual Degree-M.tech - Projects Yashwanth Reddy, 2012, Using Variable Ticket Pricing For Twenty20 Cricket
- B.Tech Projects -
- G. Viswanaath, 2011, Strategic Procurement of Aircrafts Using Optimization. IIT Madras.
- V. Jayaprakash, 2012, Optimal Replacement Policy for an Aircraft Fleet Using Dynamic Programming Approach, IIT Madras.
- Agila and Nidhi, 2011. Reducing Turn around time at Medall clinics, Chennai, Summer project, IIT Madras.
- Conference Co –chair and organizer, International Simulation Conference of India, ISCI 2013, held at IITM Research park, February 21-23, 2013.
- Coordinator , Fortnightly Seminar Series in Statistics and Operations Research- University of Hyderabad- From 2007-2010
- Organizing committee member, HYDSYMP- International Conference in Probability and Statistics, University of Hyderabad, 2007.
- Member of organizing committee at the SIMC 2006, Indian School of Business, 2006.
- Warden, Sharavathi Hostel, IIT Madras- November 2012 Onwards
- Institute level coordinator for ID 6020 : Introduction to Research course at IIT madras. January 2011- April 2011
- Department level coordinator for ID 6020 : Introduction to Research course at IIT madras. September 2011- Present.
- Exam coordinator DOMS, IIT Madras, September 2011- Present