Office: DoMS 201
Phone: 2257 4578
Areas of Interests
- Fellow in Management, IIM Bangalore,1983.
- Diploma in Public Service Training with distinction, University of Manchester,1984.
- Special Diploma in Management Training with Chairman's Gold Medal from IIM Bangalore,1978.
- B.E.(Mechanical Engineering),P.S.G. College of Technology,Coimbatore,1972.
- Basic Marketing Courses
- Planning and Managing Retail Business
- Brand Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Guided 7 scholars in their Ph.D. Work in diverse areas of Management. They are:
- Measuring brand success
- Information strategies
- Technology selection
- Bank assurance
- Customer Support Systems In IT Hardware Sector
- Impact of Diversification Strategies
- Consumer Search Behaviour on Web.
- Currently 5 of them work at IIT/IIMs/NITs and the rest work in corporate consulting.
- Preetha Menon.P.Vijayaraghavan,” Exchange offers as a sales promotion tool for consumer Durables: A content Analysis of Indian Print Advertisements,” Proceedings of Academy of marketing science ; Woved Marketing Congress, Cultural perspectives in marketing, Atlanta, USA, Aug 28- Sep 1, 2012
- Preetha menon, P. Vijayaraghavan ,” Understanding Exchange offers and Enhancing their Efficacy: A study of Indian consumers.” Proceeding of the Academy of marketing, Annual conference 2012, Southampton, U.K, July 2-5,2012
- K.R.Ravi Shankar, P.Vijayaraghavan, and T.T. Narendran , “ Field-level customer support model for high – tech products in India, “ International Journal of Management and decision making, Vol.8,Nos. 2/3/4,pp290- 317, 2007
- R. Shankar, P.Vijayaraghavan, and T.T. Narendran ,”Modeling customer support Programme in Indian IT hardware industry,” Journal of Modeling in Management, Vol. 1, pp232- 254,2006.
- K.R.Ravi Shankar, P.Vijayaraghavan, and T.T. Narendran ,” Optimal staffing polices for customer support system with uncertain demand,” International Journal of Agile System and Management, Vol. 1, No.3,pp 299- 332,2006
- K.R.Ravi Shankar, P.Vijayaraghavan, and T.T. Narendran ,”Modeling improved customer responses in web- enable support network,” International Journal Of Agile Systems and Management, Vol. 1, No.2,pp 166-193,2006
- Suresh .S Thenmozhi.M and P.Vijayaraghavan ,” Impact of diversification strategy on firm performance: An entropy approach,” The ICFAI journal Applied Finance, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp 27 -48 , November 2006.
- K.R.Ravi Shankar, P.Vijayaraghavan, and T.T. Narendran,” Stochastic Modeling using customer knowledge for web – enable product support in Indian IT hard industry,” Global Journal of e-Business and knowledge Management, Vol. 2,PP 1 – 12,2005.
- M.Punniyamoorthy and P.Vijayaraghavan,” Justification of automatic storage and retrial system (AS/RS) in a heavy engineering industry ,”The international Journal of Advance Management Technology , Vol. 26,No. 5.-6. Pp 72-78, September 2005.
- M.Punniyamoorthy and P.Vijayaraghavan,”A strategic Decision model for the justification of technology selection,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 21 No. 1, pp 653 – 658, January 2003.
- G. Kannabiram and P.Vijayaraghavan,” Framework for strategic information system planning in Indian contex,”IIMB Management Review, Vol.15,No.2,June 2003.
- Preetha Menon, Vijayaraghavan, P.,’Factors affecting Trade –ins: A study of young consumer in India,” 4th Great Lakes- NASMEI Conference, Chennai, Dec 23-24.2010
- Suresh.S, Thenmozhi.M And Vijayaraghavan.P ,” Effect of ownership dynamics on diversification performance relationship during institutional transition :The Indian Experience,” Corporate Finance and Governance in Emerging Market Conference, Guanghua School of management, peking University, Beijing, 23rd – 25th August 2009.
- Suresh.S, Thenmozhi.M And Vijayaraghavan.P ,”Effect of ownership dynamics on firm diversity – performance relationship ,” proceedings of International Conference on Global Academy of Business and Economic Research, Banqkok, Thailand,27th – 29th December 2007.
- Suresh.S, Thenmozhi.M And Vijayaraghavan.P ,”Impact of diversification strategy on firm performance : An entropy approach,” Proceeding of International Conference on Business and finance, ICFAI University and Philadelphia University, Hyderbad.22nd -23rd December 2005.
- Suresh.S, Thenmozhi.M And Vijayaraghavan.P ,”Stock Marketreaction to corporate strategic decision,” Proceedings of Ninth Capital Markets Conference, Indian Institute of Capital Market, Mumbai, 19th – 20 December 2005.
- Kannabiram.G, Vijayaraghavan .P , and Narayan,P.C.,” Linkage between effective implementation of IS Strategy and IS programme: Lessons from Indian organization,” American Conference on Information Systems Omaha, Nebraska,USA,August 2005.
- Bindu Narayan, Ram Gopalan and Vijayaraghavan .P.,” Measuring customer satisfaction in the tourism industry: An Application of ACSI model,” Conference Proceeding, International Conference on Services Management, New Delhi, 11th 12th March 2005.
- Multilateral Agencies
- Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) (multiple assignments)
- The World Bank (multiple assignments)
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- Chief secretary, Government of Tamil Nadu
- Health Development, Government of Tamil Nadu
- Education Development, Government of Tamil Nadu
- State Health Transport Organization, Government of Kerala
- Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Public Sector
- BHEL, Tiruchy
- HAL Bangalore
- Salem Steel Plant, Salem
- Tamil Nadu Plantation Corporation, Nilgiris District
- Tamil Nadu Plantation Corporation, Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Investment Corporation, Chennai
- Andra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation(Ongoing)
- Apex Laboratories, Chennai
- Amco Batteries, Chennai
- Bimetal Bearings, Coimbatore
- CavinKare, Chennai
- Cathar Vessels, Tiruchy
- MRF, Chennai
- Ramco Industries, Chennai
- TAFA , Chennai